Innovative resilient agriculture and vertical farming technology
CDVTA promotes innovative approaches for resilient climate-adapted food systems and vertical farming for improved crop production in rural communities.
To achieve this, CDVTA continues to;
- Strengthen farm management systems as well as promote innovation and adaptation of practices for food security in rural communities.
- Strengthen the bio-cultural-heritage as the basis of local production systems, recognizing the close interdependence between traditional knowledge, biodiversity, landscapes and customary practices.
- Protect farmlands and preserve natural ecosystems
- Help farmers thrive by promoting regional/local economy and transformational activities
- Encourage incentive diverse approaches to sustainable farming
- Promote the use of organic waste to build soils on farms
- Encourage learning and experimentation through adaptive and collaborative systems
- Adapt new technologies like vertical farming to increase agricultural productivity in rural communities
- Strengthen farmers' capacity through promoting skills and knowledge necessary for managing their businesses
- Improve farmers’ capacities in adapting their activities to climate variation crop and vegetable production
- Assist rural farmers to identify and develop the most suitable farming best-practices
- Promote and support group farming demonstrations for experimentation at community level
- Train farmers and farmer-households on vertical farming technology for innovative sustainable on-farm production of low carbon vegetables for food and income